postfixed with [fa] are not available in English
Tehran Polytechnic University
The Department of Mining and Metallurgical Engineering is noted for its
unique educational structure which accommodates on the mining and
metallurgy specialists in one department . It has an excellent new
departmental site with 8000 square meters of educational and laboratory
area . Close links are maintained with industry and the Ministry of Mines
and Metals. The relationship between microstructure and properties
underlies much of the research work and the Department has a scanning
electron microscope and X-ray diffraction equipment . The mining division
has extensive laboratories which include: Geochemistry; mineralogy;
mineral processing; floatation; rock mechanics;computing and plotting
- Recent research activities are:
- Analysis of compressed air distribution system mines .
- Investigation and production of mixed ferrites and rare earth
- Rock flow and dram control in caving systems .
- The laboratories of the metallurgical engineering division include :
- Extractive metallurgy
- powder processing
- heat treatment
- metal forming
- metallography and workshops
metallurgical engineering division is able to supervise research over a
wide range of topics.
- The main research interests are :
- Fracture in engineering components
- Thin films
- Production of metal powders by REP and electrolysis
- Non-metallic coating for aggressive environments
The Departmental library has more than 6000 books, 12 journal articles
and 80 theses.